Friday, September 9, 2011

happy 1st birthday benton!

if you know anything about me, you know that I am NOT an animal person. When I was little, I remember refusing to get off the sofa because I was convince our dog had rabbies. Then, I thought new dogs would be better so, I begged my parents for a dog. That christmas, I got 2 dogs... and after about a year, I barely would go near them. Call me a brat, but I just do not like anything about animals, the drool, the hair, the smell, nothing... however, matt is the total opposite. He has been wanting a dog as long as I can remember, and he finally wore me down. We got Benton in April... and I must admit, I have fallen for him. I can hardly believe I am admitting this, but I do, I like the pup. Alot. He does get on my nerves sometimes and gross me out at times, but at the end of the day I can't resist his cute face. He has a ton of personality and fits in great with our little family. So, for his 1st birthday we went all out... bow tie, ice cream doggie sundae, the movie Bolt, and a new toy. Don't worry, we won't become the crazy dog people, but until we have a real baby, he will have to do... and I get my baby fix this way ;)

Benton with his new squeaky toy
wearing his birthday best :)
now, could YOU resist this face??

1 comment:

  1. Lauren! I love all the pics!!!! Benton: ADORABLE!!!! Bolt..great idea! Love Stephs. wedding pics..everyone looks beautiful! Love the vaca pics too:) You look so great!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete