Friday, February 21, 2014

I look to you...

"God I look to you, I won't be overwhelmed. Give me vision to see things like you do. God, I look to you, I won't be overwhelmed. Give me wisdom, to know just what to do. I will love you Lord my strength. I will love you Lord my shield. I will love you Lord my God, FOREVER all my days, I will love you God. Hallelujah, Our God Reigns." 
For the past 15 months I have sung the same song to Raylee before she goes to sleep. I sing it for her... and I sing it for me. It is always a reminder to me that for FOREVER I will praise my King. It reminds me on days when I am so overwhelmed, and so tired, and at a loss as to how to do this parenting thing,  that I can look to HIM. 
My biggest prayer for our girl is that she would seek Jesus, every day. And desire to obey Him. But, some days it is all I can do to ask the Lord for wisdom on sleep, on healthy eating, and on discipline for our girl, and the vision to see things like HE does. 
As we prepare for life with another sweet Hunter baby, I am trying to soak up my days as a mommy of one. And, trying to wrap my mind around how my heart can love another sweet baby. I know HE will give me the vision see things like HE does, and the wisdom to know just what to do when I have no idea. Which, is most of the time :) 
Thank you for your prayers as we prepare for another baby Hunter (10 more weeks!! Yikes!) and as we continue to love our sweet girl! 






2 comments:

  1. O Lauren I love your heart!!! Love that song & that you sing that to Rae each night!! Without a doubt you will be a fabulous mommy of 2!!! Raylee those pics of u are just toooo cute:)!!!!! Love u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just happened to stumble upon your blog and wanted to say "God Bless you" to you and we are saying a prayer to Jesus for your family. Your daughter is so beautiful. Children are so amazing!!! Keep shining for God's Glory because you never know who will stumble upon these words and they WILL bring Glory to His Name!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete