Monday, March 8, 2010

and the angels will rejoice

"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:4-7

Don't you just love this picture of Christ, our Shepherd who goes out to find us and bring us back to him?? I am so grateful that the Lord first pursued me and always welcomes me back with open arms. He is so good to us.

When Matt and I first moved here it was a bit of a struggle for me to get adjusted to the "Texas way of life," but we have adjusted and the Lord continues to bless us and call us to Himself. When Matt took the job at Fielder it only opened the door to more stretching and learning (mostly for me... high school students scare me just a little bit :) ). But, seeing these kids fall more in love with the Lord, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, our provider and redeemer, has been such a joy to watch. And has made our being here even more of a confirmation that this is where the Lord has us for the time being. Thank you, Father, for your sweet reaffirmation of your presence and provision that I need so often.

Last night and today, Matt and I rejoice and praise the Lord because one of the students who comes to hang with us on Friday nights accepted the Jesus Christ as Savior!! What a blessing to take part in God's work. I pray that he is only the first in many to experience the love, hope, peace and joy of Jesus Christ, who redeems us from our sin and makes us a new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment